Saturday 14 March 2015

The Male Room

I made this card for the current sketch challenge at The Male Room.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk 
Stamp: Woodware 'Bubble Bloom Judith'
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
Card: Black mirri
Paper: Wild Rose Studio 'Man about the Town' 

I layered a square of cream patterned paper onto black mirri card and attached it to the card front before stamping the sentiment.  I cut three squares (7cm, 6cm and 5cm) from coordinating papers, layered each square onto black mirri card and attached them to the card following the sketch.

Kath x

5 comments:

Sue said...

Kath, I love this card. I always struggle with cards for men, not that I have many to make. I love how you have used the papers, rather than other embellishments.

Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of patterns! Thanks for joining in at TMR!

Deborah Frings said...

I think the papers you've used are absolutely super - just right for a guy! Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous masculine make Kath, perfect papers.
Pauline
x

Monika Reeck said...

I just walking on your blog..and wooww..you know Kath I love making manly cards but never used red for my cards but you give me inspiration with that plaid paper and you have great choices of papers...another great manly card...I was made two for TMR..maybe you like to see it..just visit my blog again if you like and have 2-3 minutes time..appreciate much for your words..hugs.Monika