Tuesday 24 April 2012

Bear on Motorbike

I wanted to make a card for a young boy's birthday which had a cute image and also an iris folded design, so this is what I came up with.


I made a card blank from Ivory Centura Pearl cardstock and attached blue Moondust card.   The scalloped square was already embossed with dots and had an aperture in the centre, although I made it a little larger so it was the same size as my iris folding template.   The iris folding papers were scraps of beige, gold foil, red and blue sparkle papers and the iris centre is a piece of gold holographic card.  This was attached to the card front and I placed small gold peel-off dots in each corner of the square.  The Bear on Motorbike is from a Craft Creations die cut sheet.  I layered it with silicone glue so I could shape the pieces and, when dry, I attached it to the bottom of the card.   The greeting was from the same sheet and I mounted it onto blue Moondust card to match the layers on the card.

I'm going to submit this for the third card for Unit Three, so would welcome any comments or suggestions for improvement.

Kath x

5 comments:

Roselass55 said...

Love the Iris folding in the background, it makes the whole card pop!

indie said...

Thats lovely Kath i have never tried tbag folding but is is very effective....well done hun...and good luck

(hugs)

indie:) x

Victoria Smith said...

Kath

This card is really beautiful so many elements to it and they all come together so well. Never tried iris folding and feel the urge to try something new. Love the decoupaged bike, looks like it's driving straight at me. Good luck with the assessment - sure you will get top marks. Vicki xx

Julie said...

What a clever idea combining Iris folding with decoupage. I really like that.
Well done.

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Love the iris folding background to your fab image.

Gorgeous colours and great texture with the embossing.

I am sure your assessment will go well.

Love Jules xx